Schnitz Digital Firestorm Ignition/ Progressive Nitrous Controller
Prod. Code: GDBDFI
The Digital Firestorm Ignition/Nitrous Control System offers the latest digital technology to give you control overt every aspect of the nitrous and ignition system in a compact design. Racers no longer need to have an ignition unit, kill unit, shift counter, timers, nitrous controller, retard controller etc. You can also retain your stock fuel injection control unit or run carbs.
Now you can download all of your run information onto a laptop computer for review and storage. You can also make all of your adjustments and changes with or without a laptop! Last minute changes while in the staging lanes are easy with the graphic display and low profile push buttons on the unit.
- Works with stock sportbike crank triggers.
- Programmable rev limiters for launch, burnout, and track
- Adjustable shift RPM and kill time per gear
- Auto shift capable with programmable 1-2 shift delay and solenoid on time
- User customized ignition curve with start retard
- Gear, launch, boost and time based ignition retard
- Fully programmable nitrous and fuel solenoid curves
- Built in nitrous RPM window switch
- Activation, clutch and shift inputs can be ground or +12v
- Wideband O2 sensor input for data logging and nitrous safety shut-off.
- Selectable gear lockout for nitrous
- Programmable analog output for data logging or sensor adjustments
- +12 volt timer output
- Tach output
- TPS input
- Data logging of RPM, TPS, wideband O2 input, boost, nitrous solenoid, fuel solenoid and ignition timing)
- Operating Voltage 12-18 volts.
- Dimensions - 5 7/8" x 4 1/8" x 1"
Fits the following motorcycles:
- Suzuki GS1100-GS1150/Kawasaki KZ900-KZ1000 with high res Digital Firestorm gold rotor
- Suzuki GSXR-1000 with 8x crank trigger and 2-wire cam sensor.
- Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa with 8x crank with 2-wire cam sensor (99-01)
- Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa with 24x-1 crank with 2-wire cam sensor (02-07)
- Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa with 24x-2 crank with 3-wire cam sensor (08-12)
- Does not work with any GSXR1100 engines
DFS Kit includes:
- Digital Firestorm Control Unit
- Digital Firestorm Ignitor
- Wiring Harness and Terminal Pack
- USB Flash Drive with Software
- User Manual
*Those with GS1100-1150, KZ900-1000-J or Hayabusa w/FBG Trigger Conversion will need to purchase a DFS Crank Trigger Rotor (sold seperatly).
**Those keeping the stock ECU and Fuel Injection on the bike will need a set of Dummie Coils (sold seperatly).
***We do not recommend the .5 ohm coils, damage could occur over time to the drivers in the unit.
Digital Firestorm Dataview Software V1.0 (for evaluation only)
Nitrous Graph: When loading user data from the Digital Firestorm, the nitrous graph will not load correctly on the first attempt. You must click load user data twice for all data to correctly show on your laptop.
Q. I see it says something about data logging input. Do I have to buy a datalogger with a 02 sensor bung for air fuel ratio to run with the firestorm? Or is the firestorm a data logger itself too and all I have to do is buy a 02 sensor bung run it to the firestorm and the firestorm will regulate my air fuel ratio?
A. The Firestorm is a data logger. It will record engine RPM, Timing, Nitrous functions, shift light activation, shift activation etc. I will also record Air/Fuel ratio if used with an air fuel ratio controller such as the AEM O2 Controller or WEGO III. The Firestorm will record this data and can be configured to shut off the nitrous system if the air/fuel ratio gets above a lean point. This is a safety feature to help keep your engine alive in the event a fuel solenoid goes bad or a mistake is made on the nitrous tune up.